NYFW is back yet again and it’s only just begun. You’re up, early and broke from FNO, and almost ready for your first show of the day. Feeling a bit groggy? We don’t want you to forget anything, so here is our list of NYFW essentials:
1. Clutch: You won’t want want to cary anything bulky or large if you don’t have to. Stay sleek with a clutch, just make sure it’s roomy enough to hold a small notebook!
2. Iphone: Did we honestly have to say that? If you’re covering the show in any way, shape or form this is your lifeline. Tweet, instagram, blog…get your notes down with ease and speed without worring that you’ll lose them. If you’re really ambitious, get your reviews cleaned up and posted as fast as possible between shows!T here are also plenty of apps to help you keep your thoughts organized. If you use Fashion GPS, you’ll be able to review photos the second the show is over, as well as find one click directions to the next show AND your seating assignment.
3. Watch: You cannot rely on your phone alone. In Kenton’s NYFW list, DKNY PR girl Aliza Licht suggests, “Set your watch, Blackberry, iPhone, Droid, over, coffee maker, etc. to exactly the time Christina Neault, Executive Producer of IMG (who runs the MBFW show schedule at Lincoln Center) has on her watch.”
4. Charger: Not all of us have a wireless, and a wall charger will do. Whether you have to stop in Starbucks for a few to utilize and outlet, you’ll be happy you did so that your social media can continue to flow.
5. Umbrella: It’s been raining like crazy and we’re sure you don’t want to show up to William Okpo with frizzy hair.
6. Lipstick: no one is perfect and if you’re sipping cocktails or eating amazing desserts by Meg’s Sweet treats, you’re going to want to find a mirror and touch up those lips before your fabulous outfit is spotted by a streetstyle photographer as you head off to your next show. Be bold and try a ruby or plum lip.
7. Nail polish: Accidently chip the manicure you just got? You don’t want to have those unforgettably terrible nails as you hand your business card over to the contact that you’ve been dreaming about connecting with.
8. Business cards: Networking is everything. Get your name out there! You never know who you may run into. Shows are full of fashion industry professionals and you could experience a serendipitous moment in conversation with one of your favorite bloggers, editors, or photographers. Keep a stack in your wallet, notebook, or holder so that they don’t bend or look unprofessional. Don’t have any? Order some from moomoo! If you’re lucky, your card could say Danika Daly PR.
9. Notebook: Yes, it is the 21st century and we are all on our iphones, but…what if your phone dies and you don’t have that wireless charger or access to an outlet? You can’t be without notes…what if you forget that one important piece? Best to keep everything together - schedule, sleeve for business cards, paper (just incase) and anything else that comes in paper form…also ideal to put your many lookbooks in.
10: Pens. If we have to explain this, you definitely had one too many champes last night. You never know when you’ll need one. Bright a bright color to add a bit of fashionable flair to your notes. It is fashion week, you know.